My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Sunday, February 23, 2014

2012 - What a Year!

We just finished Cricket's Retirement Book! It has been so much fun going back and reflecting on both some great and challenging times. On to 2012 -- what a year!

There was the feature on See Beautiful's Blog:

Amazing Beautiful

Seeing Beautiful

And then reliving our journey to Europe was so fun:

Creativity in Running - Walking in Europe

Celebrating

This was also the year I ran a marathon! Very cool!

Marathon Journey

This was also the year I experienced a concussion that put the Europe trip and the marathon in question for a while. In the end it all worked out!

Concussion

Update: Cricket seems happy and pretty settled in to retirement. She loves to go for walks with Steve and I. The transition is quite amazing. I am filled with gratitude for this beautiful dog. I also am reminded our heart can always expand it capacity to love. On March 23rd I will open my heart to a new guide dog. My love for Cricket will not have lessened one bit. There is more space for the next sweet guide to join.


Happy Monday!

No comments: