My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, May 20, 2013

Electric box to flowers

If you've read my blog you might remember last June Cricket and I were skipping up these stairs (she wasn't in harness - she wants me to clarify :) and I ran smack into this electric box. I hit it and was knocked down and had a lovely concussion. We contemplated options ... Cricket could work more around the yard, I could use my cane around the yard more frequently, I could wear a padded helmet :), we could pad the electric box or we could put flowers around it so that I would bump into the flowers rather than the electric box. Steve was all about anything that would protect my head. I was all about what might look the prettiest ... yay, for flowers!
Now, as I water my flowers and pass these pots I smile and think of what they represent. What electric box has turned into flowers for you? Its kind of like turning lemons into lemonade :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great attitude and creative problem solving. I tried, but my brain is too fried from work to think of a way I made lemonade lately! Also, I linked to your blog in one of my recent posts about tandem cycling, which I see you do a fair amount of.