My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Moment

Cricket and I have practiced for almost four years: Find the stairs. Find the counter. I knew they would work for this moment as we walked to the podium to accept our award as Wasatch Woman of the Year! She nailed it! I walked confidently to the podium to thank all those who had been a part of this journey. Clapping, even a standing ovation I am told for this moment.  It is a moment I will look back on and treasure. 

I feel so very grateful. Nineteen people (we had two tables of 10), that I LOVE were there. I couldn't contain the joy I felt as these people were sharing and getting to know each other.   I was surrounded by people that were there to love and support me.  Amazing.  I am not sure how to even begin to thank them and each of you that have supported me in this journey.  Thank you.
Steve - who has been by my side - believing and cheering me on for 26 plus years. Love him. What a special treat to have Natalie and Kendall here for this special ocassion.  They both made great effort to come and I love them SO much. 
My brothers - love them. 
My parents - two of my biggest fans in all I do.

If you don't mind, a few more pictures to follow and the video clip. In the meantime, we are loving a day with our daughter before she flies home later this afternoon.

25 comments:

jennohara said...

Congratulations, Becky!!! You are definitetly deserving of this award!!
Enjoy your day with your daughter!

Maryissewfast said...

Congratulations Becky! You are so deserving and an inspiration to all you touch!

Amanda said...

Congrats! You deserve the award! :)

L^2 said...

Congratulations!!!

Katrin said...

Congratulations!! What a wonderful honor for you!

Unknown said...

No one deserves this award more than you!!! Congrats!

Grandma & Grandpa said...

Many many congratulations, Becky! We are thrilled for you. An inspiration to all! The pictures turned so well. So fun to see. So happy for you. With love from all of our family!

Kimberly said...

Congratulations! I can't imagine how anyone could deserve it more.

Lisa and pups said...

Congrats!!! That's awesome! You so deserve the honor! And yay to Cricket for doing such great work.

Ruby's Raiser said...

Congratulations Becky! Such a well-deserved honor, we are so excited for you...and Cricket! :)

Robin said...

Big congratulations Becky!
I really enjoy following you through your blog! Your positivity (is that a word?!) is contagious, even through cyberspace. Hope to meet you & Cricket in person some day!
Best,
Robin (& puppy-in-training Pongo)

Erin J said...

Congratulations! I hoped you would win. I love your optimism and your stories on here... I'm sure in real life you're even better!

Infrequent Flyers said...

I'm so excited that you won, Becky!!! Not that I doubted that you would. ;) You are definitely deserving, and we are so happy to share your moment through your blog. I'm so proud of you, and I know your family is 100 times over!

Jenny said...

woo hoo!!! GO BECKY! I am so so happy for you! You very certainly encompass wasatch woman of the year! You are truly an inspiration! Way to go!

BECKY said...

What a wonderful award and how great to have your family there, too. Congratulations, Becky AND Cricket! (on a side note: I think I'm almost ready to get another dog. The feeling came over me today that I'm ready to shower love onto a new pet, and that my beloved Tiger-Gal would approve!)

Lucent Imagery said...

YOU ARE AWESOME! We all knew that and now many others are discovering that too. xxx

Steve said...

Wonderful! Congratulations

Brooke said...

You are an amazing woman, thanks for all the inspiration you have given me and so many others! I hope you enjoyed the time with Natalie, and congratulations!!!

Torie said...

Congratulations Becky! Xxx.

Torie said...

Congratulations Becky! Xxx.

Retired Duo said...

What wonderful news, Becky! We send our congratulations from California to you and Cricket. Thanks for sharing your optimism, caring, and pure enjoyment of life.

Kristin said...

Congrats Becky, that's wonderful!

Elisse said...

I KNEW IT! I knew you would win!!!!! OMIGOSH - congrats Becky!!!

Mandy and Supreme said...

Congratulations Becky, well deserved. I've had so much fun just reading about your experience.

Becky Andrews said...

Thank you for all your sweet comments!