My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Deep Thoughts. Jewelery. Retinitis Pigmentosa

How is that for a random heading - a little like my presentation tonight to a lovely group of young ladies.  I love that in sharing  .. was getting rather deep and one of the  young women said -- but seriously how are you looking so put together.  Your sweater pulls out the middle part of that flower and your jewelery is amazing.  How fun.  They were incredible girls and I learned so much from them.  They listened intently while I told them my journey with Retinitis Pigmentosa and I loved hearing them choose a ceramic heart from my bag and tell me why they chose it.  We celebrated our individual worth and that we all need a tether in our lives ... sometimes we are hanging on and sometimes we are pulling someone else.

Another highlight was a dear friend picking me up and dinner beforehand.  Delicious in so many ways. 

2 comments:

Maxmom said...

Would so love to hear your talk too...and choose a heart :)
Sending lotsaluv
Caryl

wendy said...

you DO always look great.
and I totally can imagine that the young ladies enjoyed learning from you.