My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sweet Savoring Moments

Cricket and I navigated our way to meet a special friend today for lunch. We spent two hours (my kind of lunch) talking about deep things that matter to us. After we left, it really hit me that if we both hadn't of had some challenging circumstances our paths wouldn't have crossed.   As Cricket and I were walking back to meet the cab, I stopped and felt such yes gratitude for the blessings of so many wonderful relationships that have blessed my life because of Retinitis Pigmentosa.   I returned back to the office with a little surprise in my box. Inside the egg was a very sweet, kind message from someone ?.
Later in a group I invited each to choose a rock that had a word we wished for in our life at this time ... our intention.  We sat holding the rock, the word in our minds and beautiful music in the background.   I found myself savoring the gift of ... really I get to do this for a profession?  Amazing.   
What word would you choose today? 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My word is SHARE. Thanks to those who share with me (like YOU) and thanks for the opportunity to SHARE with others. Keeps me smiling for sure!

wendy said...

My last post was on Hope....so I guess it would have to be hope (for right now)

Beth Finke said...

Your gift goes both ways. You think it is a gift that you are able to do this for a profession, and the people who go to you for help and encouragement also think it is a gift that you are able to do this for a profession. Keepp up the good work, Becky.

Unknown said...

LOVE this! How wonderful. I can't tell you how much your sweet friend who gave you the egg resonates with our See Beautiful Pay It Forward idea on the blog today. She must be a genuine See Beautifuller!

Our word, no surprise, would be beautiful. If we see and create more beautiful in the world it makes everything better for the everyone else. How could we resist? You know?