My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, August 29, 2011

Simply Beautiful

Perfect 24-mile sunset ride.
This time of year, I savor every moment of glorious weather.  Its starting to get dark earlier so we have to hurry to get our ride in.  Recently Steve rode his single bike with a group and was faster than on our tandem.  Motivation for me to pedal fast tonight and earn my spot on the bike!   There's just pure joy on a tandem.  I think Steve loves having chatter in his ear that he just can't get on his single bike!     

Happiness is cycling with my best friend. 

8 comments:

Reddunappy said...

Beautiful pictures!! the shadow is really soft, looks cool.

Maxmom said...

Hi there Becky...
Sorry I've not been around to your blog for a while, but I'm fascinated at your ability to discover new things. It's an sense of adventure, it seems, that allows a person to recreate themselves.
You have an amazing sense of adventure and I really admire/envy you for that! (My own recreation happens from within...the preceder to full recreation. Can be daunting). I loved going through all your colourful pictures in previous posts. You are an inspiration!
As for the photos on this blogpost...well they are exquisite. What beautiful colours and I LOVE the shadows of adventure. :)
Sending lotsaluv
MAXMOM IN SA

Infrequent Flyers said...

Those shadow photos make me want to cry! They're just so, so beautiful!

wendy said...

I absolutely love that picture.
Looks peaceful

3 labs 4 me said...

Now that photography has become my new hobby, I will have to try adding shadows into more of my photos. Love your pics. Beautiful & serene.

Lisa and pups said...

WOW, that's beautiful...

Lisa and pups said...

WOW, that's beautiful...

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous- That must be beautiful to see while riding!