My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Buddy Exerciser

A friend recently asked me if we were still riding our tandem bike - yes! This week we have rode over 80 miles ... we love it! Cricket seems to know when the cycling clothes go on ... even though we are sporting "Team Guide Dog" jerseys, that she is staying home. I love the chance to spend this special time with Steve and have learned to pedal and talk at the same time!
Cricket also knows that Yoga means she comes along! She loves it and this morning went running out to the car when she saw I had her mat! Yoga has been a delightful experience and have grown closer to two of my dear friends in the process.
I'm realizing that I enjoy exercising with the 'buddy system'. Have never been able to be motivated to go downstairs to the exerbike or ellyptical.

I am hoping the next few months will bring an opportunity for a yoga class with Natalie and would love to attend one of my friend Suzy's yoga class (she's an instructor) and possibly a chance to ride our tandem with the Cycling for
Sight club in San Diego.

No comments: