My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Tender Cricket

Cricket is so tuned into feelings of others and often offers her paw as a way of love and friendship. In this picture she is sharing her love to Kendall.

Cricket and I went to the movie: My Sister's Keeper on our own a few nights ago. First of all, I had never been to a movie by myself (well, with only my guide dog). I was a little nervous, but it was a really fun experience. If you've seen this movie, you will know that many tears are shed. Cricket was not sure her role in comforting me as I sat there by myself and cried during this movie. So, she spent much of the time sitting up with her paw or head on my lap. I tried to reassure her that all was well and a good cry was just fine. She seemed a little relieved when we walked back out into the sunshine! Have you seen this movie?

6 comments:

OSU 98 said...

Chelsie gives me her paw a lot too..I like to say she is holding my hand. :) She does this quie a bit..she even came up on the bed with me last night for awhile!

3 labs 4 me said...

Good for you to tackle a movie by yourself. Once in awhile, I'll go to a movie by myself too. Of course, I don't have a cute little guide dog leading the way.

s day @ sdayrunning.blogspot.com said...

I was driving down main today and just approaching your office and I wondered to myself... "I wonder if we'll see becky and Cricket today?" And there you were! So cute walking with Cricket and talking on the phone! You're my hero... good for going to the movie alone.... tear jerker
Cute outfit today by the way!

Unknown said...

The other night I was lying in my bed just starting to feel like I was coming down with something and there was my Rudy up on my bed with his cute little face inches from mine, he knew more than I did about what was coming I think. I'm glad you didn't call me and ask me to go with you, I would have cried just because I couldn't.
Our beautiful dogs. What would life be like without them? I've wondered that before. What if there were NO animals on earth? Yes ... they have a true purpose. And they are soooo good at fulfilling it - don't you think?

Unknown said...

Kendall is seeming to get a higher hair line ... I haven't seen him with his hair that short before but I'm thinking it's receding??? :-0 am I ... r-i-g-h-t???? DO NOT TELL HIM I ASKED!

Becky Andrews said...

Nicole - ah, sweet Chelsie!
Debi - I miss you and want to go to a movie with you!
Shannon - I am SO SAD I missed seeing you and Layla ... oh, I hope I get to see you SOON!
Kelly - Rudy sounds like a sweetie too.