My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Creative Princess Paws

You might recall Cricket's earlier post about her Princess Paws. She does her best to keep them out of water and away from textures when it is possible and still get her job done. We have worked on this and she is doing great with doing what a girl needs to do!
This weekend we were in St. George and it was VERY hot. She had to walk briskly and was very creative in keeping her line of travel and cooling off her feet.

6 comments:

Brittany said...

That is so cute! Good for you cricket for being so creative!

Hobbs used to try to walk on the white paint of a cross walk because it doesn't get as hot as the pavement.

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

Very cute!!
That's what "princesses" do best:)

T.T

3 labs 4 me said...

Maybe you should have tried her booties to see if that would have helped with the heat?
Culver was prancing about on our back yard pavers. He would lift one paw & then another. It didn't occur to him to leave the hot surface, so I had to go rescue him. My poor boy.

Becky Andrews said...

Oh these dogs are SO creative -- hopefully the 100s will be done soon and it won't be an issue right!

Emily and Joel said...

Hi Becky,
Cricket is so cute! Seems like the two of you have an amazing partnership. I raise guides for Guiding Eyes for the Blind. My first is in formal harness training, and my second is about 4 months old. I really hope Hart, my first, graduates. Seeing how much Cricket means to you is amazing, and I hope Hart can bring that much meaning to someone's life.

Becky Andrews said...

Emily - Thanks for reading and what you are doing is incredible! It is an incredible bond and wishing the best to Hart in his training!