My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Peaks, Valleys & Plateaus

Steve and Kendall hiked to the top of Signal Peak this past weekend.
I'm not sure which is the biggest accomplishment - this hike or my finally figuring out how to post a picture from my camera to this blog!

They can check off one more peak climbed in Utah. I have pictures of them at the top of each mountain with the memory of getting the 'victory' call saying 'we made it - we're on our way down.'

Life is full of peaks, valleys & plateaus. We all experience victories of reaching the top and some bruises along the way up to the top and coming down. Other times of plateaus - just moving along in life. Somehow we brush ourselves off and are willing to climb another peak.

Many life lessons have been discussed on these hikes between father and son. They have bonded and learned about each other. Although I am always happy to see them upon their return - I wouldn't stop them from their quest to climb to the top of the mountain and the lessons learned on the journey.

3 comments:

Kauaiart said...

Speaking of peaks, plateaus and valleys. . .The RP Social is over.After the needed sleep there is a huge valley to ponder/a void. What to do with the next twenty years, I have such potential.Really, I can't watch FOX news and plat Farmtown on Facebook. . . .

Becky Andrews said...

Suzy - Can't wait to hear all about the RP Social and what's next!

3 labs 4 me said...

Congrats to Kendall & Steve! What a fun goal for father & son.