My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, April 10, 2009

Being Active = Happiness Boost

It sure felt great to be active in San Diego and go on a nice long hike with Cricket and Christy (side note: we did get lost and didn't make it to the beach - Natalie took us there later and Christy was able to get some rocks and run along in the dark - isn't the ocean such a beautiful sound)

Today I am on a quest (again!) to get my home office organized. It helps my life immensely when I know where everything is ... ah, paperwork that I can't read gets so cluttery! I have been working on some new organization techniques, just ordered a voice stream (that I hope I will be smart enough to use -- seriously) I have been checking the mail each day this week for its arrival! Amongst the papers was the article: Why being active makes you happy, by Michael O'Shea. We all know the benefits of being active ... reduces our stress and anxiety, helps us sleep better, can improve our mood. I love the additional two this article notes: Improved Self-Image .. a sense of accomplishment that carries over to other aspects of life; Sense of Spirituality .. exercising helps us to live in the moment and be one with nature and find that peace.

I just need to find out how to not be seasonally active... I find spring through fall - I am active - loving cycling (yes! we signed up for our first tandem bike ride next Saturday!), long walks with Cricket, hiking, and I still semi want to get back into running. I loved how I felt afterwards ... just struggling to get past how I feel before! Obviously because I put the semi there its not a committed goal yet.

No comments: