My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Countdown to Greece!

Steve & I will be leaving for a trip that has been 10 months in the planning next Wednesday! We are off to Greece for 14 days to celebrate our upcoming 25 year anniversary. I haven't told this cute little face that she is not going on this vacation. I think she will be happier at home in the great care of Lindsay rather than a long flight. I am not looking forward to the long flight (although it should give me some needed study time for the upcoming ADEC exam).

I'm avoiding pulling out the suitcase for a few more days so Cricket doesn't get concerned sooner than she needs to.

5 comments:

OSU 98 said...

My November schedule has gotten really crazy and I am just sick at the thought of having to leave my baby angel. Worst of all, grandma and grandpa will be gone and she will have to go to "camp" for a week. She will be sharing a kennel with her cousin, but still...mommy is NOT looking forward to being away from her...

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

Poor Cricket!
I left my dog for a whole month, (I didn't want to take her out of the US) but she did fine!
Hope you have fun.

Frankie's trainer

Becky Andrews said...

Yes, they and we do fine once we say the goodbye ... although the mobility without a guide is definitely not near as fun! Steve tells me people just don't clear his path like they do Cricket's!

Princess Coral said...

Wow! Congratulations on your 25th!!! Hove fun!!! Cricket will have a vacation of her own!!! She'll miss you whole lot though...

Princess Coral said...
This comment has been removed by the author.