My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, October 17, 2008

Losing 'it'

What a day! So, I've lost the camera again ... hoping it is at my office. Just last night, I had forgotten where I had put the stapler and Steve found it (it was about 10 inches away from me!). I always tell him 'you're my hero' when he finds something I've lost. He tells me its pretty easy to be my hero! Today, I've been on a roll -- out of sight, out of mind.

My new charm bracelet came ... I'm really excited to have Cricket and Pantera's names each engraved on a heart and add more charms. I had the box to take to the jewelers on the top of the car hood (not sure why I chose that place) as well as a stack of letters to be mailed. Came back in the house and realized the camera was missing so Steve did his thorough search -- anyone that knows Steve will attest he is thorough when he is on a quest for something that has been lost. I have usually long given up when he is still searching in places where there is no way it could be there! Why would my camera be in my sock drawer? but most of the time he finds the lost item so I let him do his search ...After searching everywhere, we went back out to the car and started to drive down the street when Steve noticed envelopes flying off our hood! Whew, all were retrieved along with my bracelet!

Then, we got to Costco (that's a fun date night don't you think?)and I had forgotten the coupons - the reason we were going there. I had two leashes ready to put on Cricket. I'm not sure which is going faster ... my mind or my vision - the combination at times is a little crazy!

Note to self: Put my earrings away in the jewelery box as soon as I take them off - I can't find one of my very favorite silver hoops. I have this habit of coming home and pulling them off in various places.

3 comments:

lindsey said...

I'm constantly putting things in a "safe place" only to forget where the "safe place" is and having to go through EVERYTHING I own, every file/bag/drawer etc. to hopefully find whatever is missing...then half the time I don't find it, until I have replaced it :)

Princess Coral said...

Becky, you're NOT ALONE!!! I'm the queen of losing stuff!! I believe at least 1/3 of my entire life is spent looking for something...

OSU 98 said...

Today, I was looking for a spare hook I had in the garage. I was counting 4 and just KNEW I had 5. The 5th one was in a "safe" place...hanging on another hook so as not to lose it. Chelsie's grammie drove off with her nice leather leash on the trunk of the car...I had just gotten it all nice and soft, the way I liked it, and had to start over...really frustrates the heck out me when I can't find something I KNOW that I know where it is. The panic usually starts after I can't find it in about the third place I look...which is why the keys stay in the car in the garage!!!!