My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I spend my Wednesdays at Lifeline ... the motto is: when good kids make bad choices. I love those kids and they love Cricket! I have been there several years now spending one day a week working with the kids who have had a death or other significant loss in their life. Often they have turned to unhealthy ways of processing this loss and we are able to teach them healthy ways to grieve and move forward. I was visiting with one of the other therapists today - she was asking what brought me to Lifeline. I said, well several years ago when I wanted to get out of my comfort zone and gain some added experience in our field, I thought what scares me the most - it was not going blind but working with teens in drug rehab! That sounds pretty crazy now - I love those kids and look forward to spending time each Wednesday with them ... following my day at Lifeline then went to my office at RSI for three sessions then over to the office at LDS Family Services for three sessions. Long but amazing day. Cricket is willing to do a long work day as long as dinner time is kept not too far off from the routine and a nice long walks is scheduled in the day. I'll post about why we are doing a little overtime right now in the days to come!

1 comment:

OSU 98 said...

Sounds like that beuatiful gorgeous girl of yours doubles as a therapy dog as well. Good for you guys - takes a special person to do that and the kids are lucky to have you. Just make sure poor Cricket doesn't starve - it is quite apparent she is near starving. :)