My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, September 12, 2008

Love and Prayers to those in Texas


I just received an email from my friend, Schalee, in Tomball (near Houston, TX) indicating their windows were all boarded up and they were ready to go to Dallas due to the hurricane ... Sending love and prayers to her, Micahel and guide dog, Sarge and all the others. Schalee and I met at the School for the Blind in 1994-95 (I think?) ... she had just lost all her vision and I was trying to learn blind skills while still having some remaining vision left ... I entered in thinking this was such a tragic situation and Schalee brought humor and fun to the situation. I love her -- she helped me see literally all the joy in life again. (Pictured with our first guide dogs: Pantera and Franny - who loved a good game of tug together.)

No comments: