My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Cricket's Turn on Legacy Trail


Cricket was pretty sad she didn't get to go on the Legacy Tour Bike ride yesterday so we decided to explore the Legacy Trail that is next to the new Parkway. It is very nice ... runs the length of the parkway which is 14 miles. Another nice feature for me: one of the trailheads is right outside Lifeline's facility where I work on Wednesdays so we will be able to take our lunch and go for a walk. Those here in Utah know this Highway has been in the works since 2001 ... originally it was planned to be a six-lane interstate highway - through the years compromise has occurred and it is now a four-lane road with a 55 mph speed and the Legacy Nature Preserve was increased to 2,225 acres. About 20,000 drought-tolerant native plants will be planted to landscape and beautify the parkway and trail system. Also, Cricket will be happy to know that 2,000 shade trees will be planted (it was pretty hot there this afternoon). A cyclist told us he had ridden the whole route and there is no water along the course so if you go, remember to bring water.

No comments: