My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Grandparents Day!

I am very fortunate that my grandma W (affectionately known as g-wall) is still such an active part of our family. She remembers our anniversary before I do! She is soon to be 93 and is truly amazing!


I am so glad that my kids have grandparents who are a close part of their lives. I love this picture with Natalie and a grandma and her grandsons in China. It shows the love of a grandparent that has no bounds.

By the way, Cricket gets SO excited when she sees my mom! She runs a little happy dance around the room (unless she is in harness and she is well behaved, right!)

3 comments:

OSU 98 said...

I was very fortunate to have my grandmother live with us from the time I was 4 until her passing in 2002 (I will be 34 at the end of the year). I can't imagine my future kids (hopefully!) not being as close to their grandparents as I was to my grandmother. I never met my father's father whom I am named for (Nicholas) but am very proud to carry on a family name.

3 labs 4 me said...

I love the generational photo. What a treasure!! Your grandmother is as cute as the rest of you girls. Thanks for sharing such a lovely photo. I loved it!!
Debi

Brandi Hyer said...

That is so awesome! You guys are going to live forever! haha