My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, September 8, 2008

My alarm clock - Cricket


Today at church when 12:00 came Cricket hopped up ... the lady beside me laughed as we realized that Cricket's inner clock was telling her it was time to go. That is amazing to me but she is right - it is supposed to get over at 12. She is our alarm clock in the mornings - 6 am sharp ... well, she actually thinks it should be 5:45 but we make her wait until 6 ... then, 3 p.m. is dinner time ... (even though this one doesn't always happen at that time - it is when she begins to hope and if we are home she will go by her bowl - if we are elsewhere she may begin to stare me down hoping that I get the message.) Anyone with dogs can relate?

6 comments:

OSU 98 said...

Chelsie actually got me up from my nap yesterday for her dinner! We had been up early to go to our trial and had taken a nap when we got home. To wake me up, she whines ever so quietly until I hear her...if she is standing, she has to go potty and if she is sitting, she wants food. I should preface this by saying it is very rare for her to wake me up in general..so when I wake up to her whining in the middle of the night - which rarely happens - I fly out of bed to let her out...

Yesterday, I woke up to her sitting and staring me in the face. In short, that meant Mom, I am hungry. Sometimes when I get home from work, she does laps around the coffee table and then all of a sudden sits..as if to say, Feed me, I am hungry.

Yeah, Chels, your starving. BUT...mom usually gives in. We eat with decorum in our house, she must sit while it is being prepared and cannot eat until she gets a kiss on her nose from mom...she is indeed tortured.

Brittany said...

Hobbs is very much like that! His inner clock is the best for breakfast and dinner. When he was going with me to church he knew when it was supposed to be over as well.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

hehe...

I think I might forget to feed Dahlia, except for the fact that at 6:30 she starts to scratch at her food door!!

Princess Coral said...

Same here! The most accurate alarm clock for meal time!!!

Becky Andrews said...

Fellow dog lovers ... all can agree with their inner clocks! Loved hearing the antics of your dogs ...

3 labs 4 me said...

Desma & Dakota start circling the bed around 6 a.m.& any movement that I make gives them hope that I might get out of bed to feed them. Desma starts smacking her lips & continues until I get up. Dakota gets so excited at the anticipation, he might hop up on the bed to make sure that I'm awake. They start their circling routine around 4 p.m., even though I hold out until 5-5:30, before I feed them dinner. Love, Debi