My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Sunday, July 13, 2008

See you, Kendall


Kendall is moving in the morning to St. George. He is going to get an early start on finding a part-time job. Fall semester he will finish up his generals at Dixie.

A few things I know Cricket will miss about Kendall not being here:

*Waiting up for Kendall and then greeting him when he comes home. Cricket has such amazing ears -- She can hear Kendall's truck coming (long before we ever hear it) and runs to the door and waits wagging her whole body. It is so adorable.
*Running downstairs in the morning and greeting him with a big kiss whether he wanted one or not.
*Getting belly rubs from him.
*Having him hold a bone for her while she chews on it.
*Doing her happy dance when his friends come over.

She loves Kendall and will be very happy when he comes back for a visit (so will mom!)

2 comments:

Anna said...

Aww isn't it funny the little things dogs add to your life? My first puppy-in-training sure missed my older brother when he went off to college!

Becky Andrews said...

Yes -- they sense when one is missing, don't they! These dogs are SO smart!