My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, July 14, 2008

Lessons Learned from Mom

This is a fun picture of my mom, Kendall, and of course, Cricket at Nielsen's -- having ice cream before Kendall left today.

My mom came down today and we went shopping, lunch, and had time to just talk . . . I love her so much! Thanks, mom.

I have learned so much from my mom. She is so loving and kind and cheers me on in whatever I am doing! She does this for every one in our family. I love that my kids and Steve also feel so close to my parents. They are so wonderfully supportive of us all. I credit my mom for my spunk and believing in myself. I always knew my mom believed in me. My mom is a great example to me in her passion of learning . . . she is always reading a book, taking a class, or travelling some place new and exciting!

Last night I watched the interview on CNN with the three American hostages freed this past week - when asked what they had gained from their horrendous experience, they all replied added gratitude for their lives and their relationships -- they encouraged each of us to treasure our time with our friends and families and not take it for granted.

Thanks, mom for always showing this example to me -- I always have known that to my mom -- we are top on her list of priorities!

You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you. Frederick Buechner

No comments: