My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Searching for a Running Partner



Today I looked Cricket in the eye (well as good as I could look her in the eye) and told her that I wanted to be able to run the 5K in September in Memory of Trudi Thomas. (The proceeds from this run will go to the scholarship in her name.) More information will be coming on Valerie's blog -

I am loooking for a running partner: willing to run with me - and give verbal directions, preferrably in the mornings. (Cricket is fabulous but cannot be a guide in running --last year Cricket and I did this walk/run walking, Steve is great and we have used a tether in the past to run together but I am slow - I've been on a 7 year vacation from running while he has continued)

Okay -- I've put it out on my blog so that is a start!

No comments: