My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Missing Driving ...


Sometimes I am asked what would I do first if I got back my sight.

I really miss not being able to hop in my car and go run errands -- I think if they had a cure for RP that would be the first thing I would do is get my little list of errands and be able to dash around and do them all by myself!! I would let Cricket ride in the passenger seat and off we would go!! Sounds fabulous!! I miss the ability to spontaneously get in the car and GO!! It's been 16 years since I turned over the car keys but yes, at times I still miss driving.

In the meantime, life is good and
I am so so appreciative of Steve (day in and day out we coordinate transportation needs), Kendall, Natalie, my parents, Courtnie, Jack and Connor (my fabulous driver team), Wasatch Transportation Service, UTA, and friends and of course, Cricket -- without her I wouldn't feel so comfortable to walk so many places-- whew its quite the 'team' to help me get places!

1 comment:

3 labs 4 me said...

Gosh, you look like a 'natural' sitting behind the steering wheel with your cute little friend by your side. I wish I could help drive you to the places, that you need to go. I hope you know, I would if I could. Love, Debi