My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, July 7, 2008

We love our "Careers"

Catching a drink when you can on the job
Walking through NYC -

Today I was reminded again how much I love my work as a therapist ... it is so amazing to be a part of people's lives and see their strength and resilience. I am inspired each day by my amazing clients.

Cricket loves her work and when she gets the clues (gathering up my purse, turning off lights -- whatever else I do that gives Cricket the indication its close to time to leave) she runs to the door. At Resilient Solutions , she gets to be casual and off harness and relax in the corner. She often will lay there and give a welcoming tail thump when people enter my office. It is SO cute!! She somehow knows a dog lover and gets up for them... and those few that haven't become dog lovers yet she stays in the corner. Cricket loves to do her work and gets so excited when she knows she has done a good job. There is much construction on our route - - I think they close the sidewalk periodically just so Cricket gets a great opportunity to gain confidence and be challenged in her work.

We both love our challenging but so rewarding careers ...


No comments: