My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, July 14, 2008

Thanks, Missy!!


Kendall & Missy

Before I had my first guide, Pantera, we had Missy - this cute little pug! Missy helped me realize I loved dogs and to be open to the idea of applying for a guide dog! Remembering this caused me to give Missy an extra hug today not only for her cuteness and being part of our family for 13 years . . .but helping me decide to apply to get a guide dog -- what a difference my life has been because of my two guides - Pantera and Cricket!!! Love ya, Missy!

4 comments:

3 labs 4 me said...

Thanks Missy from Debi too. If your mom had not decided to get a guide dog, I wouldn't have her in my life. We all love you Missy.

Anna said...

Aww what a cutie! And I applaud her for helping you get a guide dog. Even though I'm just a puppy raiser, I've heard so many stories about how much of a difference a guide dog makes, and I'm sure you're glad you got Pantera and Cricket!

Anna said...

Haha, sorry for the double comments, but I thought Cricket looked familiar... My puppy raising group is very near to the one Cricket was raised in, so I met her quite a few times whens she was in-training. She was even there when I got my 2nd puppy who is now in formal training. :) Just had to share :P

Becky Andrews said...

Debi -- Yes, will give Missy another hug to think she helped us get together!!!

Anna -- How fun to hear from you!! You are definitely not 'just' a puppy raiser -- you guys are my heroes!! We ran into a lady in NYC that told me she was a puppy raiser and time stood still -- we hugged and cried together - I thanked her for what she had done for someone's life!!