My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Thanks, Natalie!!


This is a picture of us about ready to try delicious New York corn -- loved it!! Thanks, Katie and Cam (friends from NYC)!

I am so appreciative of Natalie's ability to be so helpful with the unique challenges of a mom who is blind. She is one of my top advocates and on our trip to NYC had to use her ability to be assertive several times as we were denied access. Sometimes it surprises you the places/people that don't understand that a guide dog is allowed. We kindly educate them about the Americans with Disabilities Act -- which I am SO grateful for and share my ID and access card. Even when education is needed at times, I am glad that our laws indicate it is not acceptable to deny access to a person with a guide dog.

Thanks, too for teaching me about the world of blogging, Natalie. I am still learning and don't have the skills of her blog but its fun!

2 comments:

Katie M said...

Becky...I loved meeting you last week! I'm glad you had fun. I'll never forget getting lost in the Met and taking 6 different elevators. You, Natalie and Cricket are such an inspiration to me. What beautiful pictures from Davina!

Becky Andrews said...

Katie . . yes, the 6 elevator experience was awesome! I think Cricket now has 'find the elevator' mastered in her vocabulary!! I sure can see why Natalie treasures you as her friend -- thanks for letting her mom come along! So great to meet Cam too!!