My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Good Girl, Cricket!


I just have to tell you how fabulous Cricket was on our trip to New York City!! Cricket navigated the busy streets of NYC, she rode the double-decker city bus, walked for miles and miles (atleast it felt like that!), walked undistracted past multiple dogs, did her 'business' in very small - as out of the way as possible- places, rode the subway, shopped til she dropped, took elevators, escalators, taxis, & crossed insanely busy streets, watched the concert at the Today Show, walked around museums, and enjoyed central park with a little off-duty time. She took it all in stride. Cricket and I bonded further on this trip . . . I trusted her with my safety and she did fabulous! She loved it and I think she felt a great sense of accomplishment too!! Good girl, Cricket . . what an amazing journey to share life with you.

2 comments:

3 labs 4 me said...

Good job Cricket!! Thanks for keeping our Becky safe. Love, Debi

Becky Andrews said...

Thanks, Debi. Hope we get to see you -- and Desma and Dakota soon!