My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Our new little therapist

Today was Georgie's one month anniversary at Resilient Solutions, Inc . She has learned the office well and has been a great member of the RSI team!  I'm so proud of her!
When she is at the office, generally she is on her pillow with her harness off relaxing with a few bones.  
Today I was in a session with a client in a lot of distress.  Georgie picked up on the energy from across the room - stood up - searched for just the right bone to present to this client while wagging.  She then dropped the bone and sat there so the client could pet her and feel her calmness.  Very sweet and probably more effective than my help :).   
Some days you need multiple nylabones to share. 
Love this skirt that has a pocket - easy to put kibble in for those 'good girl' moments!


2 comments:

pattib said...

What a fantastic match for you and your work! Love this.

Karen said...

Sounds like you have another companion so sensitive to the feelings of others - like Cricket. That is amazing and the reason so many people love their dogs and the love the dog returns to them.