My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, April 28, 2014

Triple Smile

To get all three of us smiling ... pretty awesome! Only thing better would have been to have someone else walking on the trail so Steve could be in the picture :). We had a great time introducing Georgie to St. George. We went for a couple nice long walks with Georgie and Cricket. We also enjoyed a couple movies, time with my parents, a bike ride, a run and some down time. Feeling ready for the week!

On another note:

I am preparing a handout for an event on Grieving and came across a nice article: 3 Keys to Empowerment While Grieving:

1. Build a Compassionate Community around you.
2. Honor your Loss.
3. Honor and Love Yourself.

These uplifting means of support will help you to feel empowered and nurture your inner strength as you gradually move forward day to day. Grief can amazingly teach us about the strength that resides within. Allow yourself to gradually tap into that strength by exercising positive self-talk, connecting with others who can support and understand your loss, and reaching for healthy outlets that honor your journey and allow you to move at your own pace. -- Elizabeth Berrien.


Happy Monday! Georgie and I are off to the office -- Happy, happy Birthday, Steve. I am officially signed up for the Utah Valley Marathon - June 14th!

1 comment:

3 labs 4 me said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Glad you were able to enjoy yourselves!