My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Monday, March 3, 2014

Life of my tether

Natalie is training for a half-marathon. I have had so much fun running with her.  Last week we ran two 5-miles runs and a 2 mile run together. My friends and I are also in training mode for a possible marathon. I wonder how many miles this red tether has on it?


2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Becky - My son was diagnosed with RP about nine years ago. The lady at the Moran connected me with you and you were so nice to take the time to talk with me. I know you were involved with the FFB when I spoke to you and you encouraged me to join. It took me a while but now I have been involved with the Vision Walk the last couple of years. I was really hoping to connect with you again and wondered if you are still involved with the FFB?

Becky Andrews said...

Hi Jenny - So great to connect! I would love to see you again! It has been a couple years since we have done the Vision Walk - we are hoping to do it this year - what are the dates? My email is: becky.lpc@gmail.com if you'd like to connect! Hope your son is doing well!