My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Patience

Hope you are having a great weekend! Steve is still waiting for knee surgery so normally on a day like today we would be on the bike. Instead, after a trek to Costco; he's got his knee up and I am getting organized! Cleaned out all the pantry and kitchen drawers. Trying to make some lemonade out of this lemony experience :) -- we'd love to be on the bike. Steve has been an amazing example of patience.  Doing what he's got to do on crutches while they keep sending him on a roller coaster on the surgery schedule. Patience.

This is the special tandem Natalie and Adam brought back from their trip to Italy. So special!
Cricket knows how to relax.  Love how she gets all tucked up.  She seems to know about 'an hour session' at the office and settles in.   
Often I hear - Cricket is so patient.  True.   What is patience?  Calmness, self-control, ability to tolerate delay are some words that come to mind.   What helps you have patience?  I don't think it is easy.  I recall someone telling me - Retinitis Pigmentosa will teach you patience.  Do we learn patience?  Is it innate to some?  What are your thoughts?

No comments: