My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Kindness

Last night I returned home from meetings in San Rafael . I spent three days experiencing and appreciating the kindness of others.

So grateful to be able to meet up with Mimi for a quick lunch. She was so kind to take time from her busy life to come in and take me out to lunch. THANK YOU!  I am grateful to have experienced her kindness and friendship for several years now - time flies!
Beautiful afternoon in San Rafael with Mimi and Cricket - yummy fruit crepe (Cricket remember how on '3' you are supposed to look at the camera) 
The volunteer that drove us back to the airport was incredible. He was so helpful and kind. Besides just being so nice and visiting with us, we had a little extra time so he asked if we would like to stop at a grassy area to give our dogs just a little time to relax before they got on the plane. They loved it. As we arrived at the airport - he asked a question that was so kind .. how may I be of most help to you? THANK YOU!

We arrived at check in and were told that our flight was going to be late. However, the gate attendant's delivery of this message was so kind as she tried to figure out how best to help. It wasn't too much of a problem for me - I didn't have a connecting flight, just anxious to get home :).  I had a very kind lady walk with me to my gate. I arrived at the gate and our flight departure became later and later. I listened and observed as the Delta Representative (same one that greeted us as we arrived to check in) managed many frustrated customers with such a kindness and a helpfull attitude. It was fascinating to listen to someone arrive at the counter - frustrated and her kind response and then her efforts in doing all she could to help people in their situation. She came to where I was sitting and asked if I needed assistance. I told her that once I got through the gate I would be fine. Cricket will follow the corridor, she gave me such sweet information about how it curved around. She then said, something to the effect of - I hope our paths cross again. I do too! I reflected on her example of kindness - totally forgot that the plane was late.  THANK YOU!

As we neared SLC, the flight attendant announced that there were some people on the plane that were trying to make tight connecting flights. She asked us if we would be so kind to stay seated and let those that needed to hurry out to do so. This occurred with well wishes to those rushing out on connecting that tight flight.  It was such a combined kindness gesture that I loved.

Do you have an act of kindness you'd like to share?


2 comments:

Infrequent Flyers said...

It was kind of YOU to meet up with me, Becky! I have to laugh at the photo--we have the same exact expression on our faces! Big smiles with all our teeth showing. I love that question--how may I be of most help to you? I'm going to try to remember that.

Becky Andrews said...

Mimi - that is funny :)! Loved our time together ... thanks again!