My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Week Recap

It was a busy week -- off to Guide Dogs for the Blind Meetings from Sunday to Tuesday in San Rafael and then Wednesday we left for St. George until tonight.

Love GDB - It was wonderful to be there.  The new beautiful Student Residence is in the background.
Steve and I and Cricket went for a beautiful evening walk through tunnels and red rock.  Retinitis Pigmentosa sometimes begins as tunnel vision so of course Cricket and I had to pose in one of the many tunnels we walked through!  
We also went to Tuacahn shows of Thoroughly Modern Millie and Mary Poppins (I don't think you can ever see it too many times, right Steve :)!  We also enjoyed some amazing bike rides and crazy weather!


3 comments:

Karen said...

glad you are home safe and sound after that very crazy weather in southern Utah.

Infrequent Flyers said...

Sounds like a busy but rewarding week. I hope the rest of your trip went well. The tunnel is a great way to describe RP. The tunnel you were in is interesting with its perfectly square opening!

Becky Andrews said...

Mimi - Yes there are tunnels underneath the freeway that take you over to the hiking trails!