My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, June 21, 2013

Good job!

Steve and I spent the afternoon cheering on runners for the RAGNAR Relay and handing out water. (Broken foot for me and knee problems for Steve = not running in ragnar but rather volunteering).  We had a five-hour shift in this beautiful setting near Park City.  We settled in with our system - Cricket sleeping in the back, Steve handing out the water and I prepared the cups.  Runners started coming and we began to cheer them on ... Good Job, Way to go, You can do it, only four more miles to go! It was really awesome!  There were no strangers - we were all in this together.  We noticed how almost all these amazing runners were telling us thank you!  Steve and I both both committed to making sure we thanked all the many volunteers that put a run or ride together when we are involved.  Inspite of in the midst of running down this difficult hill, they thanked us for volunteering -- very sweet.    
It was really cool when our team member - Andrea (sister in law) came running and we were able to cheer and get a picture with her!  Our team did awesome!  I hope they all sleep well tonight.  I hope Steve and I can join them next year -- although I am very grateful for the chance to volunteer and cheer on all the runners!  
We stopped on the way home to pick up our registration packet for the MS 150 Ride which is next Saturday (YAY for cycling being so good to feet and knees :).  This bike already has an owner that hasn't picked it up yet from the store.  It is on our wish list - Steve says maybe with a different paint job :).

So, just cheering you on in what you are doing ... Good Job!  You can do it! We all need that extra boost to get us to the next water station :).

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

GOOSE said...

MOM and I think that is great that you and Steve and Cricket too volunteered. MOM and I had some friends run in it. Those crazy guys only had a team of SIX!! They said there were pretty much spent, tired, and sore. Bet they all sleep well tonight. Thank you for volunteering. I know the runner greatly appreciated it.
Blessings,
Goose

Becky Andrews said...

Goose! A team of six .. that is amazing! I hope they get some rest! Enjoy your weekend.

Janice said...

I also volunteered for a Ragnar this month! It was from Madison, Wi to Chicago, Il! My mom and I took care I coffee/hot chocolate/water tent for exchange 18. :) my sister and brother in law were the runners.

Janice said...

I also volunteered for a Ragnar this month! It was from Madison, Wi to Chicago, Il! My mom and I took care I coffee/hot chocolate/water tent for exchange 18. :) my sister and brother in law were the runners.