My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What is

Cricket and I finished up our day at the office.  A great day with another wonderful staff meeting with Becky Crowther, RD, sharing on Soulful Eating.  She gave us some fun tips to Soulful Eating.  One:  Eat outside:  There's something about nature that makes you feel like you are a part of something greater than yourself.  A delight to the senses.  If you know me, I love to sit outside at a restaurant and enjoy the combination of a fun meal with family or friends.

We finished our day and had an hour to wait before Steve could pick us up with his appointments.  Cricket sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine.  I sat on the bench nearby and returned emails and phone calls.  I reflected on the fact that waiting for a ride can be a time of peace and relaxation.   It is a choice.  Certainly, there are times when I am pressed for time and would arrange for other ride options if needed but in this moment that wasn't necessary.  I felt the gift of accepting what is and learning from the moment.
Cricket didn't question this waiting time - she simply accepted it, sat down and took in the moment with gratitude and appreciation for the sun and beauty around her.  I learn so much from this sweet girl.  

2 comments:

wendy said...

I love being outdoors too and around nature. I find it so peaceful and such a time to "reflect".

GOOSE said...

Oh the outdoors, one of the things me and MOM love the best. In fact we eat breakfast almost everyday outside (except if it is a blinding snow and windy). Yep can't beat it. And if it's in the middle of nowhere, all the better. Cricket you are such a good teacher and you look good doing it.
Blessings,
Goose