My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Gratitude

I had a wonderful time in New York City at the American Mothers Convention with Steve, my parents and Natalie.  Kendall has finals next week so he had to stay back at school.  Thank you so very much for their support. I am a lucky girl to have such incredible support from my parents all my life. I found myself reflecting on this often on this trip. Steve is amazing and so willing to get up at 4 AM with me when Cricket needed to go outside and so much more. Love you guys. It was so special to have Natalie join us as well. Kendall was in the midst of end of semester and couldn't join. He graduates this next week ... yay, another exciting event!  Simply grateful for all the joys in my life.

Just to answer the questions, I was selected as one of three with Gail Rost of Illinois and Kathie Lee Gifford as National Mothers of Achievment from the American Mothers, Inc.   We were selected from each state's Mother of Achievment.

2013 Mothers of Achievment:  Gail Rost, Kathie Lee Gifford, Becky Andrews
At the luncheon, Miki shared a little about each of us, presented us with our award and then Kathie Lee spoke.  She spoke from her heart with a beautiful message.  I wish I could have recorded it!  
I loved her message of GRATITUDE.  She said she told her children you are my world but you aren't the center of the world - love and serve and help others.  She also reminded us to celebrate who we are and our differences.  She reminded us of the value of Spirituality and having God in our life.   She made us laugh and cry as we celebrated the joys of motherhood.   
Natalie, Kathie Lee, Cricket and Becky 
Thank you, AMI, for this wonderful opportunity.  Thank you, Natalie and Kendall, for the joy of being your mom!  Love you guys.

2 comments:

GOOSE said...

Congratulations again! Joys is even more joyous when we are grateful.
Blessings,
Goose

wendy said...

WOW...what an amazing event. I am so excited for you that you one of three selected. WAY TO GO.
THat must have been interesting to meet Kathi Lee Gifford.
such great opportunities you have had to "share" what you know and feel