My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Fun Adventure

I met two of my friends, also guide dog users and fellow members of the Alumni Board - Melissa and Sam, in San Francisco for the Guide Dogs for the Blind Holiday Luncheon and just some fun.
I am a little sad that our picture taken at the Holiday Luncheon, where we are all dressed up and even color coordinated in red and black (not planned) didn't turn out so well! 

Some others took pictures so hoping one of those turns out better! In the meantime, I'll post the not so great picture anyway because there is a little teasing going on how I seem to stand in the middle with my arms around for all the pictures.  It was just so fun to hang out with these awesome women!  Thanks Melissa and Sam for a fun couple days!  Thank you so very much to Cricket, Zorro and Lotto for making the trip so much easier with your fabulous guide work!


2 comments:

GOOSE said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. And I just have to say those are some BEAUTIFUL dogs with the beautiful Cricket.
Blessings,
Goose

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

I just love those pictures, sounds like you guys had a real good time!

-Brandon's Raiser