My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cycling, Running & Juicing.

The truth is tonight I am exhausted and probably in the picture below it is shown all over my face. Last night Steve and I finally were able to get on the bike and do our 25-mile loop. It was a fabulous ride. We came home and enjoyed one of Steve's juicing creations. They just keep getting yummier. I love that I am eating spinach and not tasting it. (I have a reputation for ordering salads and eating everything except the spinach or lettuce). Early morning was time for our 18-mile run in preparation for the marathon. My lack of not eating more last night with the bike ride caught up to me, and I hit a bit of a wall on our run. My amazing friends and running guides were there to support me as we completed the longest run yet. I will eat more the night before so I am ready to take on the 20-mile run in a couple weeks and plan to take that day off from work. Dashed home from the run and spent until 8:30 PM at my office. Steve brought a Keva that just saved the day.
Tomorrow a rest day from running and lighter day at the office sounds fabulous. I'll look forward to Steve's juicing and will remember the lessons learned from this day :)!

I have so many analogies of a marathon run and life ... for another day.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire your passion for life and love reading your blog! I know what it feels like to hit that wall -- we always eat a big pasta dinner (carbo load) before a big activity like that. Give it a try the night before. And there's nothing like a tall glass of chocolate milk after!! Way to go Becky!

Retired Duo said...

I ought to try the spinach smoothie idea - it would be good way to sneak some veggies into family members who aren't too keen on them. Take care with your running and biking!
Pat in Ohio

Unknown said...

Becky, simply put, you're so inspiring. Thank you for inspiring and empowering so many people - me included!

JaniceFromMilwaukee said...

I've been wondering about juicing and if I could "stick" to it. Looks like you are getting back into the swing of things - liked the photo of Cricket yesterday too! :)

wendy said...

I am in "awe" of all your athletisism (is that a word??)
BUT you do need to make sure you eat.
My sister also makes the best smoothies etc. She bought one of those super duper blender things...and she puts spinach in almost everything and you CAN. NOT. taste it.
also...Wheat Grass...yup, you heard me right.
Very nutritious stuff.
way to go !!!

3 labs 4 me said...

You know what they say, you've got to eat to keep up your strength. Eat, eat, eat.

Becky Andrews said...

Thanks for your sweet comments ... you are all so right -- gotta eat to have energy. Steve's juicer tonight was amazing ... it had a yummy peach flavor with spinach hidden in.

Unknown said...

Okay, we're back again. Consider a double dose on inspiration we're drawing from your post. :)

We're also having a See Beautiful blog hop today if you're interested. We're seeing lots of beautiful (just to dangle the carrot a bit):

http://seeabeautifulworld.blogspot.com/2012/08/pay-it-forward-freeze-for-kindness-and.html

Happy seeing beautiful!