My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, May 10, 2012

What do you think?

Yesterday I heard someone refer to the following about their loss -- This is a million dollar experience I wouldn't pay five cents for.  

Its a deep thought to ponder on.

What do you think?  Can you share?  I'd love to hear.  



3 comments:

Raiser Erin said...

Below is the URL address to a blog post I dedicated to this topic. Hope you like it.

~Erin

http://scotlandforcollege.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/reflecting-on-loss.html

Becky Andrews said...

Erin, Thank you so much for sharing! I hope others will read your reflections - what an experience you must be having in Scotland.

Unknown said...

I am going to go check out Erin's blog and her reflection. It is an interesting statement. I remember a time when I was told the percentage of something happening was like winning the lottery twice in my lifetime. When it happened (and the odds were so clearly not in our favor) I was devastated. Would I have refused winning the lottery (TWICE) to avoid what happened? Yes. Do I feel, now looking back, that the event made me stronger? Most days, I do. When we are put in a category few experience (a million dollar experience/winning the lottery) and something horrible stems from it, it's like an oxymoron. In this oxymoron we're using money as the subject though (which is interesting). What if it was likened to something other than money, something way more important than money? I'm rambling now, but in my head I think I'm getting somewhere. This is a really interesting reflection. I'm off to think more...