My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy Weekend. Love you Mom.

Its pretty special to have a Cricket by your side in all your adventures. We walked up to Dick's (please say its just a bad rumor that they are moving?) on our break to pick up 2 cards and some flowers for a friend having surgery. (cheering you on, friend). The flowers were a little, make that really, heavy! We had to stop, take a break, rest our non-guiding arm, smile and pose for the phone!
Have a great weekend. I'm so very grateful for my mom (love you, mom), my husband and my two beautiful children. What a beautiful blessing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There you are -- always thinking of others! Happy Mother's Day to you, Becky. Enjoy a very special day!

wendy said...

There are many blessing wrapped around "being a mother"
daughter of a mother
Wife to your husbands chidren
A protector...and Keeper
happy mothers day to you

Lisa and pups said...

aw, what a kind, thoughtful friend you are! Hope your friend heals soon!

Happy Mother's day!!!

Unknown said...

Cricket does have a special MOM! Those are gorgeous flowers (and, yes, very heavy looking!).