My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, February 10, 2012

Wonderful Evening

We were able to go with our daughter, Natalie , to Hamilton's Restaurant in Logan. She was the keynote speaker at Taste of PR .  Wow.  I found myself thinking - I love this amazing woman!  It was such a very special evening, and we felt very fortunate to be able to go with her!   It was wonderful to just sit back and watch her share her passion and amazing expertise with others.


Cricket was under the table and most at the table didn't even realize she was under there until she came out after it was all over.  Good girl, Cricket!  We stopped by and saw Kendall afterwards, a student at Utah State University.  (This mom is a little worried about the lack of food in the cupboards for this student.)  Great to give him a hug and a little food.   



Yesterday I had a lesson on my iphone and the voiceover.  I refer to it as an apple moment -- where a concept clicks and I can visualize myself doing it with efficiency.  I look forward to his return in two weeks for my next lesson.  

  Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Faulkner's Ranch said...

That does sound like an awesome evening! And way to go Cricket!!!

Myrna R. said...

It sounds like a wonderful night.

We mom's can't stop being proud of our kids, or feeding them well.

(Thanks for your kind comment on my blog.)