My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Ramblings

Today was my first lesson with my 13-year old Sunday School class.  What a wonderful group of young men and women.  We will have fun.  I explained that sitting in a group they may forget that I don't see - that's okay.  If I walk by and don't say hi .. its not cause I don't love them - just don't see them!  One of the interns in my office was reminded of this yesterday when apparently she held out her hand for me to take an item for a while ... finally thought I didn't want it - nope, just didn't see it.  Big difference.  I did want her yummy cookie :). 
Photo - do you just adore this little black pug that came running to pose and even tilted her head.  So adorable, Dahlia.  I love this old brown skirt (ann taylor) that is so comfortable I could just wear it all day.  These old brown boots (ann taylor) are another fav - so comfortable and go with pants or skirts.  This old print purse can carry so much.  For church it fit, my ipad, Cricket's blanket, and chalk/eraser with plenty of room for more.  This old denim jacket is another favorite.  Wow.  Steve all these old clothes - might be time to do a little spring shopping :). (Sorry, I have found a way to push buttons on my new camera and have the settings off and am told this photo is not too swell :). 

A quote I love reheard yesterday:

Within every single interaction, we have the power to make someone feel good or bad, based on how we treat them.  Sara Hacala, Author of Saving Civility, 52 Ways to Tame Rude, Crude and Attitude for a Polite Planet.

A woman came up to Cricket today after church and asked her -  Do you have any idea how much joy you bring to others?  I started to respond because I'm used to responding for Cricket :) and then realized the lady was gone.  I've thought about that and hope Cricket knows how deeply she is loved and appreciated.  She is such an example of being happy by sharing joy to others. 

We went out to dinner with some dear friends that we hadn't seen for several months.  Isn't it joyful when you are able to just pick up where you left off.  Time seems to fly by but is spring ever going to come?  Snowing here.  St. George and sunshine are calling our names.  Our bike is tuned up and ready to ride for the season.  Yes!

2 comments:

wendy said...

I don't see how people could NOT fall in love with Cricket.
I also think your 13/14 yr old class will be a smashing success for you and them this year.
they will learn a great deal from you.

Becky Andrews said...

Wendy - you made my day. Thanks so much for your kind comments!