My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Scarves and Such

Cricket and I were back into the doctor today for more x-rays on our hand.  We had a little time on our hands as we waited so Cricket modeled the scarf my mom made me. 
I had so many compliments on my cute scarf today!  Thanks, mom. 
I love that the x-ray tech said she loved Cricket so much she now had a 10-week old labrador!   This is about our fourth - fifth ? x-ray and Cricket knows the routine and skips off with her and sits down while they take the pics. 
Apparently, the bone is a slow healer.  I get to stay in a brace for six more weeks and then check back.  The doctor's assistant said I could take the brace off when I feel like I am safe and not going to fall ... ha, I think the brace better stay on has he read my chart notes of my journey of breaking a bone, getting the brace off and breaking a bone again :). 

3 comments:

Just Jess for now said...

Oh, Cricket. You are bringing one person over to the dark side one at a time. Good for you. :)
Hope your healing speeds up.

Unknown said...

Love it! Cricket inspires the world...well, he's on his way, right? So glad to hear the bone is healing albeit slow.

Happy inspiring, Cricket!

jennohara said...

Very cute scarf! I hope that hand heals (more) quickly!! :) Good girl, Cricket.