My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Beautiful Things & Savoring the Day.

My gratitude journal is fun.  Today: pick out three simple things in your day that are beautiful.  Take time to notice and appreciate them in the moment, then, when you get home,  put them down in your journal (or blog).  So many but here's three.

A friend stopped in today and gave me such a genuine, kind hug.  It really felt beautiful.  I found myself just stopping and really appreciating her in that moment.

Steve and I (and Cricket) enjoyed My Fair Lady tonight.  The story line ... hmmm.  The music - fun and beautiful.  Steve holding my hand on one side and Cricket putting her paw on my lap on the other side.  Beautiful :).

 My new jeans.  Suzette, thank you for the find.  Mom, thank you for hemming them.  I am loving them.  They are so comfortable and beautiful.  I found myself just appreciating finding a pair of jeans that I love that are dressy and comfortable.   Funny side note - I wore this white jacket all day because I could not get it off over my cast!  It just took Steve and I quite some effort to get it off ... guess it will be on hold for 8 more weeks!  A few silly pictures to demo our efforts

This next one sounds fun:  Savor Something.  Stay in the shower for an extra few seconds, or take a moment to appreciate the smell of your hot chocolate before you take a first sip.  Try to elongate the pleasant moments of your day, no matter how small.  I love the word Savor.

No comments: