My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Celebrating You. Jewelry Statement

I love jewelery. Not fancy - just simple, cheap, and fun. So, it seemed fitting for the challenge of the day: Make a statement with jewelry to be standing by my jewelry cabinet.   This necklace is fun but a little noisy when I walk!  We decided I need to get a dark slip for this dress.  Oops. 
dress:  greece trip, belt:  greece trip, necklace:  Ann Taylor
In the process of preparing our Fall Groups for the office Grief and Loss Groups, Self-Compassion and Mindfulness Group, and Girls' Teen Group.
Dr. Alan Wolfelt says:
Feel good about yourself.  Viewing life on the bright side does not come naturally to everyone.  It could take some intentional changes in how you view life and your own identity and self image.  Start by studying your positive features.  What are your strengths and what do you enjoy?  What would make you satisfied in life?  Who are your favorite people, and what makes you laugh?  When was the last time you had a good laugh out loud?  What are your greatest accomplishments and what do you have to look forward to in the future?  We all have weaknesses and traits we would like to change.  We all at some time wish we were smarter or more successful.  It's important to stay focused on your merits and nurture a healthy self-esteem and not be pulled down by your perceived faults.  Never lose sight of your goodness and unique qualities.  This knowledge will help you grow and succeed, even in adverse times.  Hold your head up, smile and be proud of who you are.  This will not only help your state of mind, but it will improve your health as well. 

Make a list of your positive traits today.  Take time to allow yourself to feel good about these traits. 
For me, sometimes taking that little time to put on jewelry is a way that I celebrate. 

Just a taste of the amazing work environment that I have - yesterday while copying a card I forgot where I put my diet coke and then knocked it over and spilled in and around the copier. Two of my colleagues rallied around and had it all cleaned up while I walked back out to greet my new client. Then, they thanked me for the bonding moment we had. Love them.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Becky I was just catching up on your blog so I went back several posts and I decided I think you should buy stock in Ann Taylor!! Love, Debbie

Meredith said...

pretty! love it lady:)
YOURS, MINE AND OURS