My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Recreate. Outfits. Self.

Today's dress challenge is to recreate an outfit from a pic. I've found as I have lost my vision, I have found it really helpful to learn from others what colors go in clothing as it seems to change. So this is more of a copycat of the color line than the actual outfit, althought I would love the outfit.  A side note:  as we were taking this picture, Cricket was aware that next door was their very cute chocolate lab puppy playing in their front yard.  Good Girl, Cricket - staying focused on the task at hand. 


Love this grey dress.  So versatile with many options.  Love, grey, yellow, turquoise together. 


 My version included my urbanoutfitter yellow shoes (my remix), grey banana republic skirt, and love my turquoise colored jewelery (gift from Adam and Natalie  from Paris).  My turquoise sweater from Nordstrom is so old, but I just love it -- keeps hanging in there.   
Yesterday we had a chance to ride our loop with an added very steep hill that Steve added.  Thanks, honey!  It was hot and felt great.   I love being active.  As we were biking along, he asked me -- What was the experience like for you last night?  (We had gone to a high school football game - crazy chaos, difficult to follow the game, however, surrounded by dear friends).  A simple question but I was amazed as tears filled my eyes as we talked about it and the depth of gratitude I felt for him and the experience.  As we are recreating an outfit in this challenge, it reminds me that as my vision has been lost, I find myself recreating myself.  It is a stretch but one of love and growth. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these colors together. Gorgeous!!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Such a powerful post about recreation! Inspiring mom!

Beth and Alfie said...

Neat post.

I really like grey with brights, like the turquoise/yellow. Cheerful!