My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Love Colleagues. Summer Nights. Trying.

Tonight we had our office party in our backyard. My colleagues and their families came - 32 total for Steve's yummy salmon and chicken on the grill. They each brought a side dish or a dessert. I feel so grateful to work with such wonderful people that seem to just cheer each other on. We have a really positive energy in our office, and it makes going to work so much fun. I discovered this shirt in the back of my closet yesterday! I had bought it several months ago and forgotten about it. It was like rediscovering it.  I think it will be a fun shirt for the Fall Season with some different colors and belts.  I like to
 use long necklaces for belts. (paper shredder in the background a nice touch)
Cricket had lots of attention tonight from many children while off harness.  We visited outside and enjoyed the summer night.  Kids did somersalts down the hill.  When was the last time you did a somersalt down a hill?  Its pretty fun!   We (that is said loosely - mostly Steve) cleaned out the garage today.  Doesn't it feel great to declutter!

I've reflected on the yoga message this morning.  Steve joined me, which is always fun.  She had some powerful messages including Its not about how well we do a yoga pose, its about unrolling the mat ... the TRYING is what it (life) is about.  We do our best.  We celebrate that we unroll the mat.   

3 comments:

Ruby's Raiser said...

It's so nice when your office friends are truly just your friends. :)

Just Jess for now said...

That sounds like a very enjoyable evening.
And long necklaces as belts are very fun for sure-I've made a few of my own. :)
Happy Sunday

S.DAY said...

I'm so happy I can go to yoga again! I'd love to get to a class together soon.
And also, bummed I missed the party - I LOVE all the ladies at the office.