My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, July 15, 2011

Date Night

We hopped on the bike for our 23 mile route. Tonight it was a little windy so we rode our route backwards still on legacy trail. Each time we pass by turtle bay , I ask Steve can you see the turtle. He slows down and looks. No turtle. Well, tonight our turtle was on the trail far from his residence of last year. We didn't touch him but we took a quick picture.

He's so cute.  I hope he gets safely off the trail. 
Also, on our ride were deer on the street(not a surprise) and also a little racoon family in a street drain.  Fun date night with nature while getting some exercise, too.

5 comments:

Shauna said...

Awesome! Love the pictures :)

Just Jess for now said...

I love turtles. They were viewed by some Native groups as symbols of strength and good luck. I hope he brings you good luck. :)

Infrequent Flyers said...

How fun to see so much wildlife! The turtle looks cute in the photo, but in real life, it would freak me out. I can't touch reptiles.

Becky Andrews said...

Shauna - thank you :). Jess - fun to know :) and thank you! Mimi - agree, I didn't touch him and probably would of really jumped if he of moved!

S.DAY said...

Cute turtle! And LOVE The Bike Fix gear!!!