My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Saturday, June 11, 2011

In case you need to laugh ...

Our Yoga/Pilates Studio offered free Suspend and Bend Class today. On their link you can watch a class in action. As we were leaving, Corena took a quick picture of us! This first one is just as I was landing after being upside down.  Yikes.  The instructor kept telling me -- trust.  Yikes. Cricket slept through the whole class until this ending pose and then I think she might be wondering - what is my handler doing?
My two yoga buddies:  Steve & Cricket. 
 

Earlier regular yoga class was amazing.   Message:  Nurturing.  What are you doing to nurture your mind?  What are you doing to nurture your heart?  your body? I'm always amazed at the clarity that I gain in yoga class.  We released by breathing out and saying - ha, ha, ha.  Laughter our instructor stated is nurturing.    At the end of the class Cricket stood up and shook ... instructor stated, Cricket is shaking off and letting go - we can all do the same.  Cricket knows the word 'yoga' and understands that she stays on her yoga mat for the 75 minutes of class.  She now has learned that in finding us a place you don't walk on other's yoga mats!  So much for a sweet guide girl to learn. 

House is clean, enough for a sunny Saturday.  We are off on a bike ride. 

I hope you have some laughter in your day today. 

11 comments:

wendy said...

Laughter would be good......
I truly wish I lived close enough for ANY kind of exercise class
I'd love to do yoga
pilates
zumba
whatever..........
but I don't and since it has been doing nothing but raining here , it is even hard to get out and go for a walk.
wow.....listen to me complain.
maybe it is just the day..the rain

and it has been 7 months today since Matt died.It has weighed me down today.

but I promise, tomorro I will laugh

Shelly :) said...

I have always wanted to try one of those yoga classes (I think they are also referred to as aerial yoga). What did you think of it? :)

Becky Andrews said...

Wendy - thinking of you. Visualize a hug from all of us in our moms group to you. Rain does NOT help. xoxo.

Shelly - anti gravity. I think it will be fun. Today was a short class and a little confusing but I think once we understand more. I loved swinging in it.

Myrna R. said...

I love how you incorporate so much challenge, fun and laughter into your life. Cricket is lucky to accompany you throughout.

I love the pictures.

Becky Andrews said...

Myrna - Thank you so much :).

Infrequent Flyers said...

Cricket is such a good girl to sit still for 75 minutes and avoid stepping on other peoples' mats! I wonder what she thinks as she sits there, watching you and Steve turn upside down. I think she MUST be having her own doggy chuckle!

3 labs 4 me said...

Wow, that looks like a crazy class. Gosh, I wished we lived closer to each other. I would love to try out these new fun classes with you.

Becky Andrews said...

Mimi - That is funny and so true! I bet she is having her own chuckle :).
Debi - oh I do too! We could have so much fun.

jennohara said...

Too cute!! I'm glad you had a giid day. Thank goodness for the nice weather finally!

Beth and Alfie said...

That looks fun! I bet Cricket's just glad she can leave the swinging around to you though! :)

Becky Andrews said...

Beth - Yes, she loves shavasna .. the relaxing at the end that she can snuggle, but the crazy poses she is happy to sleep through!