My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Friday, April 22, 2011

Learning about Labyrinths

Cricket and I attended an excellent conference on Wednesday at the University of Utah College of Nursing - Caring Connections.  It was really fun to see some people that I knew while doing my internship there years ago as well as my former boss at the Moran Eye Center.  



There was a labyrinth set up for us to walk through during the break.  It was crowded and we were asked to take off our shoes so I didn't venture in there with Cricket.  However, it was fascinating to learn more about the Labyrinth.  It has only one path ... there are no tricks to it ... and no dead ends.  We were invited to with our finger trace the pattern slowly to the center of the labyrinth.  In the center, relinquish the distress of the unpleasant recollection.  Take in the lesson fro the distressing recollection.  Turn, and retrace your steps from the center to the exit of the labyrinth. 

Also we were given a listing of labyrinths in Utah to visit.  Intriguing.  I want to go for a visit. 

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

wendy said...

Trace with your fingers till you reach the center....sound intriguing. I kinda get claustrophobic in mazes etc.
Wonder if there is an analogy there....
also, your photos below and all the beautiful flowers were lovely.
Have a wonderful Easter.

Lisa and pups said...

oh wow, that sounds very interesting. glad you had a good time and that would be so neat to visit all those.

Debbie Jorde said...

You write beautiful posts Becky. I love reading them and being inspired. Thank you for sharing yourself and your experiences! Love, Debbie

Infrequent Flyers said...

How neat that there are no dead ends, no way to take a wrong turn. We do the corn maze in our town every Halloween. They say the trick is to always turn in the same direction, always to the left or always to the right. It works, but there are always LOTS of dead ends and having to turn around and go back the way you came.