My little red tether is my anchor in running with my friends. A beautiful guide dog has been my tether/anchor in mobility and independence for 17 years: 1. Pantera 2. Cricket, and now my beautiful 3. Georgina (Georgie). A life of family and friends is my joy and anchor in life.

The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. CC Scott

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pantera & Sweet Notes

My first guide dog, Pantera died, three years ago, on this day. Remembering her with much love and laughter.    

Something else that made me laugh today was the sweet notes in our fridge at the office. I'm guessing it isn't only in a therapist office that one writes her love and appreciation for someone else saving the day by sharing their yogurt.  Love my colleagues.


5 comments:

S.DAY said...

Oh, I miss Pantera. She sat through many a sessions of me crying and she was a good listener.
And I love being an unofficial "part" of your office. I could just hang out in the break-room all day and visit with the ladies between clients. you are all awesome!

Becky Andrews said...

S.Day - you are so official and a part of our office!

Lucent Imagery said...

Thinking of you and Pantera and sending hugs. And a belly rub for Cricket. It's amazing that I've now been reading your blog long enough to remember your past anniversaries celebrating the life of Pantera. xx

3 labs 4 me said...

Remembering Pantera with much love.
Sending hugs your way.

Infrequent Flyers said...

It's so sweet that you pay remembrance to Pantera each year. I'm sure she has a very special place in your heart.

Love the fridge notes! I'd say it's pretty rare to have people that considerate in the average office.